Our residents love Edith’s pancakes! Now, we’re sharing her recipe in case you can’t enjoy hers in person or you want to cook them for company. The recipe can be prepared with chocolate, Nutella or any fruit filling. Enjoy!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In another small bowl, combine egg and melted butter. Mix both together in the dry bowl.
- Add buttermilk, about 1 cup, and mix until it’s the consistency of honey, just enough to combine it; don’t over mix. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet – preferably a flat skillet for easy flipping – over medium heat.
- Griddle each pancake by adding 1/2 cup of batter to the buttered skillet pan. Then, add your favorite filling.
- Griddle until small bubbles form and pop on top of pancake and then flip. Brown for additional 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and place in a warm oven until all pancakes are made.
- Top with melted butter, syrup or some of your favorite fruit.
Make sure to clean the skillet between uses. Wipe out any crumbs carefully with a clean towel.
View more recipes from The Women of Dining Services Cookbook.